09/02/2015

Protagonist research

Here is the complied version of the images I gathered while researching space suits for the earlier protagonist design concepts:

https://galleryqui.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/nasa-space-suit.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TT2GbLM.jpg
http://history.nasa.gov/SP-368/p562a.jpg
To start with, I looked at existing space suits in real life to get a feel for how they look and operate, so that I could adapt them for my own designs. It was important in particular to look at how the spacesuit allowed the wearer to move with as little difficulty as possible, as well as features such as the primary life support system. 
http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/1/34851/436794/NK_Nasa-s_SpacesuitB.jpg

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/space_man-300x450.jpg

 http://www.lightspeedmagazine.com/wp-content/files_mf/spacesuit.jpg
Here are some other suits I looked at that were either estimations of future technology or space suits from media, some more futuristic as others. In particular I liked the cyan/monochrome combinations and the segmented armour - especially since that would avoid impacting movement, a clear goal of the character design. I also tried to mimic features of the suits that I liked visually in order to produce a more interesting variety of designs.

-Chloe

1 comment:

  1. Again with the outfit being exactly on the right track I feel, the whole look of the character looks much better without armour, I particularly like the idea that has the blue neon lights in that last image I think it would work very well

    ReplyDelete