09/02/2015

Further Protagonist Concepts


AG: A sketch of the protagonist for consideration as final concept material.



AG: The protagonist's oxygen tank, this time part of an oxygen vest.



AG: Side view of the main protagonist. The tank and gloves are whited out or not fully colored in so that outlines for modelling my be visible.



Research


AG: When considering my interpretation of the original protagonist as designed by Emily, I wanted to consider influences to add to the design. One of them was Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, specifically the outfits worn by the crew of the ship Red Sprite. Although designed for combat and survival, they are also designed for scientific exploration, albeit in a world composed of alternate dimensions which happens to be filled with demons.



AG: I also considered the Ghostbusters suits as a viable reference for the color scheme I planned to implement, as well as early reference for the oxygen tank packs (instead of proton packs).

No comments:

Post a Comment