The character is exactly the same, minus the jacket, the bulbs don't need to be there and the armour needs to be more lighter for mobility reasons, look at explorer attires, they don't have armoured arms or legs
Uh, yeah, we didn't need three versions of the same comment. Don't do that.
I agree with the previous comments in that the suit looks more like armour, in that it appears pretty difficult to move around in. However, I can see clear seams around the joints to allow the character to move, so maybe this isn't so much of a problem. It's just that the shine of the material makes me think of something very sturdy and heavy that restricts movement. Like a suit of armour. Again, you might be intending for it to be a softer material, but I'm just going off what I see. Feel free to correct me if I'm misunderstanding. Additionally, I can see what you're going for with the area around the neck, but I think the shoulder pads could stand to be a little less wide so that they wouldn't prevent the character from getting through narrow spaces, such as gaps between trees.
Colour palette is great in my opinion – I think monochrome shades like that will work well as a contrast with the colourful environment, and it's done in a way that could still allow the character to hide. Especially in darker areas in the ruins or in the shadows of trees.
That brings me to the lights. Contrary to above comments, I think they could work provided that the player had a way to turn them on or off. Perhaps they would be useful for brightening up dark areas of the environment to help navigating or searching for items, but could also run the risk of attracting the antagonist's attention. In that scenario I think it would be feasible for the protagonist to have a light source on the suit, although you could make the argument that they shouldn't be on the back. I dunno! It bears thinking about.
The argument that they shouldn't be there because the environment is wet is absurd. I think a civilisation capable of space travel would be more than smart enough to put a waterproof cover over their lights, and that's even if they run off the same technology we use.
Your comments are very much appreciated; I will get to work on improving the design pronto!
Your suggestions have made me seriously reconsider the design of the shoulder pads to be less constrictive to the character. My ideas were something like a stylish future armour design, but in reality-- I agree this would not work in the environments we have planned. I will redesign them to follow the shape of the back and shoulders, but leave room for movement.
Perhaps like the armour in ‘Crysis’?
Though less bulky.
Cybernetic materials that have interlinking fibres, which follow the body’s natural shape. That is both plausible and stylish?
We can agree on the colours then, it will look good in contrast with the antagonist and the environment! Greys are perhaps better than blacks, we might have to consider how exactly the antagonist ‘hunts’, using colour, movement or infrared?
I am glad you that you like the back lights! I think they make an interesting feature to the character and would like to keep them for a bit longer.
It widely known that the technology to use electrical equipment under water is even used by today’s scientists!
After reading through both the comments and feed back put onto this peice most of my concerns are adressed, I am in agreement with Chloe.
The amour is a but of an overworks for an 'explorer' character, and I disagree with armour to go 'like in crysis', Crysis's armours is not designed to be on an explorer, It is on a super solder of sorts there isnt really supposed to be on an expolerer and isn't feable.
Again I agree with Chloe about the bulbs, they would help for lighting, but are not relly useful on the back, adapt them to the front and they would be better, You cant see light from behind, it need to be aimed in front.
If you really want the protagonist to have some amroured elements then looks at small sections such as the ankles or wrists, spine and wiste, for reduced fall risk reasons or something like absailing support, it is un feasable for him to have heavily armoured shoulders as it has and even having armoured shoulder pad restricts arm movement crutial to an explorer (for climbing and such)
I hope this is more like the feedback you was after - Luke
The character is exactly the same, minus the jacket, the bulbs don't need to be there and the armour needs to be more lighter for mobility reasons, look at explorer attires, they don't have armoured arms or legs
ReplyDeleteThe character you have uploaded is exactly the same we need him to be light wait plus the bulbs in the back can't be there as he is in a wet place
ReplyDeleteUh, yeah, we didn't need three versions of the same comment. Don't do that.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the previous comments in that the suit looks more like armour, in that it appears pretty difficult to move around in. However, I can see clear seams around the joints to allow the character to move, so maybe this isn't so much of a problem. It's just that the shine of the material makes me think of something very sturdy and heavy that restricts movement. Like a suit of armour. Again, you might be intending for it to be a softer material, but I'm just going off what I see. Feel free to correct me if I'm misunderstanding. Additionally, I can see what you're going for with the area around the neck, but I think the shoulder pads could stand to be a little less wide so that they wouldn't prevent the character from getting through narrow spaces, such as gaps between trees.
Colour palette is great in my opinion – I think monochrome shades like that will work well as a contrast with the colourful environment, and it's done in a way that could still allow the character to hide. Especially in darker areas in the ruins or in the shadows of trees.
That brings me to the lights. Contrary to above comments, I think they could work provided that the player had a way to turn them on or off. Perhaps they would be useful for brightening up dark areas of the environment to help navigating or searching for items, but could also run the risk of attracting the antagonist's attention. In that scenario I think it would be feasible for the protagonist to have a light source on the suit, although you could make the argument that they shouldn't be on the back. I dunno! It bears thinking about.
The argument that they shouldn't be there because the environment is wet is absurd. I think a civilisation capable of space travel would be more than smart enough to put a waterproof cover over their lights, and that's even if they run off the same technology we use.
Anyway, I think that's all I have to say.
Thank your for your constructive feedback!!
DeleteYour comments are very much appreciated; I will get to work on improving the design pronto!
Your suggestions have made me seriously reconsider the design of the shoulder pads to be less constrictive to the character. My ideas were something like a stylish future armour design, but in reality-- I agree this would not work in the environments we have planned. I will redesign them to follow the shape of the back and shoulders, but leave room for movement.
Perhaps like the armour in ‘Crysis’?
Though less bulky.
Cybernetic materials that have interlinking fibres, which follow the body’s natural shape. That is both plausible and stylish?
We can agree on the colours then, it will look good in contrast with the antagonist and the environment! Greys are perhaps better than blacks, we might have to consider how exactly the antagonist ‘hunts’, using colour, movement or infrared?
I am glad you that you like the back lights! I think they make an interesting feature to the character and would like to keep them for a bit longer.
It widely known that the technology to use electrical equipment under water is even used by today’s scientists!
Thank you for your input! --Emily
After reading through both the comments and feed back put onto this peice most of my concerns are adressed, I am in agreement with Chloe.
ReplyDeleteThe amour is a but of an overworks for an 'explorer' character, and I disagree with armour to go 'like in crysis', Crysis's armours is not designed to be on an explorer, It is on a super solder of sorts there isnt really supposed to be on an expolerer and isn't feable.
Again I agree with Chloe about the bulbs, they would help for lighting, but are not relly useful on the back, adapt them to the front and they would be better, You cant see light from behind, it need to be aimed in front.
If you really want the protagonist to have some amroured elements then looks at small sections such as the ankles or wrists, spine and wiste, for reduced fall risk reasons or something like absailing support, it is un feasable for him to have heavily armoured shoulders as it has and even having armoured shoulder pad restricts arm movement crutial to an explorer (for climbing and such)
I hope this is more like the feedback you was after - Luke