08/03/2015

Artefact concept

Another version of the artefact based on the idea of it being a more rounded shape that could comfortably fit into the protagonist's hand.

I looked at lotus flowers for inspiration - I particularly like the layered petal effect and thought that could work especially well for the petals closing around the core of the artefact. I also looked at more green and yellow colours to distinguish the fairly small artefact from the purple of the rest of the room, so it could immediately draw the player's eye.

The design itself turned out quite distinct from the previous ones, and I'm not sure if I'm happy about that... also, the petals could probably stand to look more 'layered' and opened out, but I didn't draw that in the coloured version so that the pattern on the underside of the petals could be seen.


The white line between flower and root is to show where the artefact would be ripped off the roots connecting it to everything else.



UPDATE: Added a design for the middle of the artefact, as I realised I hadn't done one previously.

I'd like there to be some sort of pattern or insignia on the surface, but I'm not sure what, so I left it as is. So if you want to do an iteration on this then go wild.





-Chloe

2 comments:

  1. I actually like the angle with this design. I think of a flower that contains a jewel of nectar that confers life. In this case, the nectar that gives life is electricity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, thanks for commenting! I'm glad you like it!

      And yeah, I did definitely see that too with the core when I was designing it, lol; wasn't intentional but I thought it looked pretty nice, so I ran with it. I wasn't 100% sure on it though, so I'm glad you think it works.

      Delete